- 150g butter
- 75g Light Brown soft sugar
- 3 tbsp Golden Syrup
- 250g Grandma Henvey porridge oats
- Optional: 100g of Chocolate Chips or 100g of Raisins)
Makes 12- 16
Preparation time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 25 minutes
- Preheat the oven to 180°C (160°C fan) gas 4. Grease and line a shallow 20cm square tin with parchment or greaseproof paper.
- Put the butter, Brown sugar and Golden Syrup into a medium pan and gently heat until melted. Stir in the oats. (Optional: Stir in the Chocolate Chips or Raisins).
- Turn into the tin, level and press the mixture evenly and firmly with the back of a spoon.
- Bake for 25 minutes, or until golden around the edges.
- Remove from the oven and cool for 10 minutes then mark into 12 or 16 pieces whilst still warm.
- Cool completely before turning out onto a board and cutting again with a sharp knife.
Flapjacks will keep up to a week in an airtight container